Sunday, July 8, 2012

Estate Sale Finds . Amazing . Everyday

Estate Sale Purchase $40

Starting to scare myself with the hoard of vintage furniture I have collected. Heading out this morning to rent a storage unit to house the collection. I can only work on one piece at at time and the hoard is crowding my creative energy. 

I frequently remind myself....re-purposing is a true form of "green living". My hoard would otherwise end up in a land fill. The furniture was made by Americans! How patriotic is that...


Creating mood boards for my pieces on Olioboard helps me to visualize the end result and this chair screams Vintage Beach House.


Now I can see my vision come to life...wood trim will be painted with Benjamin Moore Sea Salt and slightly distressed. Fabric selection is from Robert Allen's Tropical Collection. Skipping the buttons on back cushion. Can you see it now....sitting in the chair watching the surf roll in from the huge window. Of course there is a cup of coffee in your hand.

Being a female I have the right to change my mind a few times. What would it look like in a city finish or suburbia look?


Right? Same chair refinished in Benjamin Moore Black Beauty in a high gloss finish and Marrekesh Ikat Dusk fabric. Sans the buttons.  Fabulous!!!!  Serve me a martini now!

Before I tackle this project...I am off to rent a storage space! Then a few decisions! 

Which look is your favorite? City or Beach? I would love to hear.

One this I am sure of is.....

I will make my upholsterer very happy!






3 comments:

  1. I guess i have to go for it. Thank you for helping me decide.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you are repurposing the furniture. It does tend to turn into a hoard though because you can find so many good deals out there if you look in the right places.


    Please visit My Webblog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfeito ótimos conteúdos tem nos agradado basnatente nas prte de cores interiores e pintura residencial

    ReplyDelete